Happy New Year everyone! Hope everyone had a safe and pleasant holiday. I’m usually not one for new years resolutions, but to be honest I couldn’t come up with anything better to to name this post. I started this blog over the summer with all kinds of intentions and a full head of steam. Unfortunately other things came up and it dropped down on the priority list and sat unused for the past 5 months.
Given that I’ve been able to land myself at least an hour a night (usually more) of hobby time I’m going to use some of it to keep new stuff coming up on the blog. The goal is to get some sort of schedule where I’ll be putting up articles based on different aspect of the game and hobby. One night might be a painting or kit bashing article, then another night have something like a battle report or list article. Although I’ll be honest, haven’t played in too goddamn long so it may be list articles for a while. In the next month or so I plan to get it all fleshed out.
In an effort to try and get you all more excited to read this blog and actually come back to it, here’s a list of things that I’m working on this year and will be sharing on here.
- I have a ridiculous amount of orks. I love orks. I love their fluff, I love playing them. Unfortunately, my gaming group consists of Tau, Eldar, Necron and Dark Eldar. So I routinely got my ass handed to me with them. Even though our group doesn’t really do much “competitive” type list building, the strength of those books just puts me at a big disadvantage. However, those piled up losses taught me a lot about what I need to do and how I need to build a list that can at least hang with those armies. Today I scrounged through boxes of all my ork models and sat down with Battlescribe to put together an army I can play against them. I came up with a 2k pt list and got the models together for it. Everything is built and WYSIWYG aside from a Big Mek in Mega Armor with a KFF and a Battlewagon (pretty sure the battlewagon box still has the plastic on it). I’ve come up with a new color scheme for them so I filled up a couple pieces of Tupperware with Simple Green and filled them up. I’ll regularly update as I progress through the steps with this army.
2. A buddy of mine was reassigned and moved across the country. He didn’t want to take his 40k stuff with him, so I inherited a decent amount of Tau stuff. Honestly, I fucking hate the fish face pricks, but if it’s free it’s for me. At some point I’m going to go through what all is in there and maybe build a list/repaint. The only condition was that I can’t sell any of it in case he wishes to get back in the hobby someday.
3. Blood Bowl. Yes! I know it’s not quite the grimdark, but goddamn is this game fun. I just recently got into it after watching a couple games on Miniwargaming. Since my awesome wife not only tolerates, but encourages my nerdy hobbies I recieved a copy of the new box set for christmas (along with the Death Bowl Season 1 supplement and a box of Scavenblight Scramblers). Played several games over the holidays with family and everyone had a great time. I will at least be doing the hobby progress of my BB teams on here. While my orks are floating in simple green and getting stripped, I’m going to try and get all three teams painted up.
4. Battle reports! This is a maybe, even if it’s only one or two this year I would love to do this. I can’t guarantee how many or the format they will be done in since there is a bit required to do some really nice ones. We’ll see what happens.
5. Narrative campaign. This is something I’ve been working on for my gaming group to do this year. Still kicking around ideas and getting the backstory and setting all written up. We will use this blog to share the progress and story of the campaign as it goes on. Currently shooting for spring to get this kicked off to give everyone time to finish painting their armies up and build/paint terrain.
So there it is, small list but there is plenty to do. Hopefully I’ll be able to provide enough to keep all of you coming back. Any suggestions? Shoot me an e-mail or leave me a comment. What are some of your Hobby goals for 2017?